THE FATHER - FAR CRY 5 & FAR CRY NEW DAWN | Forum

Nikki Admin
Nikki Mar 14

Have something you want to say (or ask) about Gregs work in either Far Cry 5 or Far Cry New Dawn? Post it here! 

This is the place for all your thoughts & feelings regarding Joseph Seed. 

Please be mindful of fans who may not have finished a game(s) yet and use spoiler warnings when necessary.

March 15th

Admin Note:  Posts made here, within the current contest period ( March 15th  to March 30th 2019 ) may qualify you for the Grand Prize draw. See the contest thread for further details:

Current contest

The Forum post is edited by Nikki Mar 15
distortedbunny VIP
Greg Bryk's performance in both FC5 and FCND were amazing!  Without a believable antagonist you can't fully immerse yourself into a game. Greg's performance made the situation believable and struck up a large list of emotions. If you haven't played either yet I hope you consider doing so.  
tani VIP
tani Mar 17

I have played a few Far Cry games before I started 5. With 4 being my favourite, and damn Troy Baker being behind the villian Pagan Min, I thought nothing and no one could beat this.

Oh boy, I was wrong.

Greg was able to deliver the person "Joseph Seed" in such a...personal and intimidate way, both creepy and amazing at the same time. I went through all stages of emotions while watching Joseph Seed in his speeches, happiness, sadness, fear, hope. Greg's first performance as VA was already a big hit, and I hope I get to see him in other games in the next few years. :)

Amber
Amber Mar 20
I have probably too many feelings on Greg's work as the Father in Far Cry 5 as well as New Dawn. His performance really rang true with an interview he did about how he doesn't see Joseph as a villain at all, and everything he says is technically true and that's what makes him such an interesting character. But writing a character can only take you so far. Greg brought such life and such a believable empathy and love to Joseph. I've played Far Cry 5 easily over 15 times now and each time I'm in awe of the spectacular work he did. I also, in relation, want to give a shout out to his work in the live trailers as well as Inside Eden's Gate. All beautiful and full of emotion.