FRONTIER S2 *spoiler free* | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Greg Bryk » On TV
Nikki Admin
Nikki Oct 20 '17

Admin note:  

This thread will be kept spoiler free so American & International fans can enjoy their own premieres when the time comes. 

Feel free to start other threads to discuss the show & Gregs involvement in more detail. Remember to use the appropriate spoiler warnings as/when necessary please.

We also have a group dedicated to all things Pond, where you can share your thoughts freely, spoilers and all :

Pond Life

( note: sign up/membership (free) is required to access this additional feature)

We look forward to reading your theories, reactions & feedback on all of Mr. Ponds' exploits & endeavors this season. 

The Forum post is edited by Nikki Oct 28 '18
Nikki Admin
Nikki Oct 20 '17

It's been a long wait for S2 of Frontier, but boy was it worth it! 

Ep. 2:01 -Dead Reckoning 

The opener has all the fast-paced, jaw-dropping action & intrigue I've come to expect from this epic adventure series!  Allegiances change; New alliances are made. Deals are brokered and broken. Loyalties are tested & we've only just begun!  

Our friend Cobbs Pond (Greg Bryk) has a lot going on during episode 2:01.

There is a wonderful scene between he and Samual Grant ( Shawn Doyle) in which Pond is quietly, & deliciously, devilish!

His darker, more fiendish side is also abundantly apparent during other parts of the episode.  I won't spoil it for you, but let's just say, it's a mad world & Mr. Pond seems to relish living in it!

The Forum post is edited by Nikki Dec 2 '17
Nikki Admin
Nikki Nov 2 '17
Ep 2:02 Wanted

Mr. Grant & Mr Pond initiatie a Pygmalion-esque plan in order to further their own business & undermine that of Elizabeth Carruthers.

There are only a couple of scenes w/our friend Mr. Pond in this ep, but they are both riviting & revealing! 

"Christ! You've a phantom way about you Mr Pond!"

Admin. note- The Crave TV / Netflix versions are more revealing than the original broadcast

Nikki Admin
Nikki Nov 2 '17
Ep. 2:03 The Wolf & The Bear

Grant & Pond further groom their 'Eliza' and continue to interfere in Carruthers business, as they work to advance their own.

Grant goes all out to impress prospective buyer, the Marquis De Beaumont,  but things don't go to plan when Elizabeth Carruthers & the Browns show up! 

"Mr. Pond is a friend...."

"Not to anyone but himself" - Douglas Brown

Nikki Admin
Nikki Nov 18 '17
Ep. 2:04 Mutiny 

Cobbs catches sight of Harp & Co in Montreal and sets plans in motion in hopes of turning events to his and Grants advantage. This is Harp though &, well let's just say, it doesn't go as well as they'd like!

Pond - "Only a fool would come here with a bounty on his head." 

Harp - "Only a fool would come and collect it!" 

Nikki Admin
Nikki Nov 18 '17
Ep. 2:05 Cannonball 

Tables are turned as Mr Pond finds himself on the wrong side of the jail door &  Mr. Grant vents his fury! 

My favourite Pond scene, from the series thus far, occurs in this episode. No spoilers but....

Cobbs relates a story that is equally heartbreaking & horrifying in both subject matter and delivery. 

The quiet, yet disturbingly maniacal, speech pattern, his facial expressions & gestures.... He breaks my heart & terrifies me at the same time!

Greg told me that the creative team at Frontier let him weave himself into the speech & that he dug through bits of memory & longing to serve up a dangerous heart!

I'm so glad they gave him the chance,, because in my humble opinion, the result is a half written, half improvised in the moment, masterclass! 

It's a scene Greg is very proud of (and rightly so!)  I can't wait for you all to see it. 

Shout out to Shawn Doyle for his outstanding performance in this episode too!  

"Oh! I'm making a mess....." - Cobbs Pond 

Nikki Admin
Nikki Dec 2 '17

Ep 2:06  Keetom Takooteeoo Maheekum ( Return of the Wolf)

This ep finds our friend Cobbs Pond away from his Montreal comforts & trekking into the Northern wilderness. 

Greg gets to show off his linguistic talents when Cobbs issues a couple of requests 'en francais' 

Acting on Mr Grants behalf, Pond hopes to secure the furs Michael Smyth (Landon Liboiron) now has in his possession & the verbal dance between these two characters is delightful to watch. 

Discussions falter however when Sokonan shows up & events take a dramatic turn when an un -expected shot rings out!

But for Cobbs, business is business & choices need to be made! Transactions concluded, or not & then...........

Well, I guess we'll have to wait for S3 to see what the outcome of these actions will be.

You shouldn't judge a man by the choices he makes in business -Cobbs Pond

The Forum post is edited by Nikki Dec 8 '17
JeremyDanversFan Moderator
JeremyDanversFan Dec 4 '17

Shout out to Shawn Doyle for his outstanding performance in this episode too!  

"Oh! I'm making a mess....." - Cobbs Pond 

Shawn Doyle made me speechless in that 'special' scene :D